Paraprofessional Young 5’s
Hours: up to 37.5 hours per week
Location: Hollywood Elementary School, Stevensville, MI 49127
- High School graduate or equivalent. Associate’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Advanced training in a field related to child care and/or a minimum of two years of experience as an aide or equivalent experience preferred.
- Competent in the following areas: communication skills, organization, and in establishing excellent interpersonal relationships with staff and students.
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance.
- Supporting students with behavior plans.
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills introduced by certified staff.
- Guide students in organizing tasks, assignments, agenda, and homework
- Assist teachers and support staff in preparing materials, housekeeping, recordkeeping and data collection relative to student progress
- Be responsible for the supervision and direction of students including lunch and recess time.
- Restating directions to check for understanding in the classroom setting.
- Ensure students are safely navigating around the building.
- Providing positive feedback and encouragement.
- Alert certified staff to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with student and student’s family information.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, students, parents, and community.
- Demonstrate understanding, patience and caring toward students with special needs.
- Use and apply technology when working with students.
- Follow established policies/procedures (e.g. medical concerns, safety, student rights, emergency/disaster plan and so forth).
- All other duties as assigned.
- Certified teachers may apply for this position.
Beginning Date: Meeting on August 23, 2022. School starts on August 29, 2022.
Deadline for Application: Applications reviewed upon receipt
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.