United Way of Southwest Michigan, with funding from Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, is currently looking for an experienced Project Assistant.
This is primarily remote, working from the individual's home, but individual must be local in order to work in the office when necessary.
The Project Assistant would assist in the coordination of the Benton Harbor Water Distribution project. The Project Assistant is a contract position for 20 hours per week through the end of February 2022, at which time the contract will be reevaluated. The Project Assistant will work closely with United Way of Southwest Michigan, Southwest Michigan Community Action Agency and the Berrien County Department of Health and Human Services.
· High School Diploma
· Valid driver’s license
· Reliable transportation
· Oral and verbal communication skills
· Organization skills
· Computer skills
· Ability to be flexible
Job Responsibilities –
· Upload volunteer opportunities on the United Way volunteer website
· Utilize the United Way volunteer website to communicate the number of volunteers to distribution site liaisons
· Utilize the United Way volunteer website to communicate with volunteers
· Collect data sheets from distribution sites
· Enter data into spreadsheets
· Arrange for payments to distribution sites
· Attend distribution sites as need
· Other duties as assigned
This position requires experience in this type of work and will report to Senior Director of Impact Strategies at United Way of Southwest Michigan. Hourly pay is $20. Job is slated to go through February, 2022.
Please apply send resume and cover letter to: Joinourteam@uwsm.org