Special-Lite manufactures engineered architectural products, which includes commercial entrance systems, interior aluminum (Type II) framing with swing or sliding aluminum framed doors, and FRP restroom partitions. Our interior and exterior complete entrance system products are fiberglass or aluminum flush doors with many door face texture options including wood grain, aluminum monumental (stile & rail) doors, fiberglass and aluminum framing. Our engineered, made to order architectural products are used in new construction and renovation projects for educational, commercial, institutional, industrial and municipal applications. The company was founded in 1971 and pioneered the use of fiberglass reinforced polyester (FRP) material for door skins in the early 1980's, and today is the largest volume producer of commercial FRP doors in the United States. Please be advised that Special-Lite has a zero tolerance policy. We do require you to pass a drug screen upon hire which includes testing for THC, Marijuana. You will also be required to undergo a background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The physical demands described in this job description must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Special-Lite will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Summary: Maintain an accurate and orderly system for receiving and storing hardware and other materials in order to meet production requirements.
Pay: Starts at $13.75/hr
- Receive incoming hardware from customers, suppliers and/or end-users; record material items received and store in designated holding area.
- Confirm hardware received is defect-free; if defects are found, return defective material to the appropriate party and prepare the necessary documents.
- Review production schedule to determine items to be delivered to the appropriate department.
- Maintain accurate records of material items received and distributed.
- Maintain an accurate and orderly inventory rack system.
- Check-in glass deliveries.
- Submit requisitions to the purchasing department as required to maintain supply room inventories; monitor and track inventory levels and usage amounts of supply room items.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures and work in a manner so as not to create a health and safety hazard to oneself and coworkers.
- Back-up for the Receiving/Crib Manager.
- May be rotated to other positions within and outside of home department in order to meet production needs.
- Use forklift to obtain required product.
- Desktop computer, drill press, hand tools, and fork-lift.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety; including safe lifting procedures.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry-out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to measure and perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Forklift license is required.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate equipment, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist, and crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally subject to loud noise and at times noise level may require the employee to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Safety glasses and steel-toe shoes are always required on the production floor.
- Employees are required to wear hearing protection in designated areas.
- Frequently subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, and electrical current.
- Occasionally subject to conditions including one or more of the following that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, or poor ventilation. Occasionally exposed to cold, hot, wet and/or humid shop conditions.
- Retirement and Savings Plan and Trust – 401(k)
- Performance Incentive Plan
- Christmas Bonus
- Safety Equipment Provided
- Shop Uniforms Provided
- Paid Vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Personal Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty Leave
- Benefits Continuation (COBRA)
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Health Insurance – Medical/Prescription/Dental Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance Coverage
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical and Dependent Care
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program, providing voluntary, professional counseling and referral services to employees and dependents