Special-Lite manufactures engineered architectural products, which includes commercial entrance systems, interior aluminum (Type II) framing with swing or sliding aluminum framed doors, and FRP restroom partitions. Our interior and exterior complete entrance system products are fiberglass or aluminum flush doors with many door face texture options including wood grain, aluminum monumental (stile & rail) doors, fiberglass and aluminum framing. Our engineered, made to order architectural products are used in new construction and renovation projects for educational, commercial, institutional, industrial and municipal applications. The company was founded in 1971 and pioneered the use of fiberglass reinforced polyester (FRP) material for door skins in the early 1980's, and today is the largest volume producer of commercial FRP doors in the United States. Please be advised that Special-Lite has a zero tolerance policy. We do require you to pass a drug screen upon hire which includes testing for THC, Marijuana. You will also be required to undergo a background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The physical demands described in this job description must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Special-Lite will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Summary: The Team Leader is a working supervisor who provides leadership, instruction, and guidance to the employees within the Department. This position is accountable for the safety, quality, customer satisfaction and daily production output within the department.
- Accountable for production output regarding quality and on time delivery throughout the department.
- Controls inventory levels of production material needed in department.
- Ensures safety procedures are followed and recommends improvements.
- Ensure all departmental equipment is set up and functioning correctly.
- Sets the example for the department.
- Monitors, report on, and develops countermeasures when needed in respect to our Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Leads the lean process and champions continuous improvement efforts in the department through collaborative effort.
- Coaches and provides feedback to employees.
- Provides progressive corrective action in line with the company’s policies.
- Runs daily department meeting and reports results at plant wide PCC.
- Coordinates Rapid Problem Solving Issues within the department as required.
- Maintains positive relationship within the department by being fair, consistent and impartial.
- Coordinates the hiring process for the department with Human Resource Department.
- Helps integrate new products and product changes into production.
- Maintains a neat, orderly, and organized work area at all times in line with Special-Lites Star program.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment or completion of a recognized apprenticeship program is required.
- Ability to supervise a team and manage the performance of individuals through ongoing coaching, feedback and development to motive, engage and drive a high performing team. Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of assigned work.
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of assigned work.
- Experience working with, and the ability to read measuring devices such as a ruler and measuring tape is required.
- Understanding of Manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry-out instructions in written, oral and diagram form.
- Excellent decision making, and problem-solving.
- Ability to develop and nurture strong, productive relationships in all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, prioritizes well, shows energy, responds to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate equipment, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist, and crawl.
- Frequently required to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50-pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally subject to loud noise.
- Safety glasses and safety toe shoes are required on the production floor at all times.
- Hearing protection is required in designated areas.
- Frequently subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current and exposure to heat and chemicals.
- Occasionally subject to conditions including one or more of the following that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, or poor ventilation.
- Occasionally exposed to cold, hot, wet and/or humid shop conditions.