SUMMARY: The Admissions Director/Business Development is responsible for reviewing, and preparing for new admissions in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining relations with community partners, family members, and personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in interviewing residents/guardians/sponsors and obtaining required admission information and signatures
- Assist in the resident admission orientation program in accordance with our established policies and procedures
- Admit and prepare identification records for residents in accordance with our established policies and procedures
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Provide residents with admission information packet (e.g., resident rights, notice of privacy practices, admissions contracts, etc.)
- Maintain an accurate record of available bed and census
- Abstract information from records as authorized/required for insurance companies
- Notify nursing when the resident has arrived at the facility to assure that a member of the nursing staff escorts the resident to his/her assigned room
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of performing the assigned administrative duties
- Maintain confidentiality of the all resident care information including protected health information. Report known or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information
- Develop, schedule and guide tours/personnel throughout he facility
- Keep a supply of brochures and other printed materials readily available for persons requesting such data
- Maintain an adequate liaison with families, residents, residents, and community and civic leaders
- Plan and implement special events that serve to advance staff, resident and community relations
- Participate in community service and civic groups to obtain information and seek support of these groups in charitable activities on behalf of the facility
- Manage ongoing community service projects and develop appropriate problem-solving actions
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc., as approved
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.