This role is responsible for helping companies within the metalcastering industry realize efficiency gains via B&L Information Systems, Inc. Odyssey ERP software solution and services. This is an entry-level position for an Account Executive.
- Manage the entire sales cycle from lead generation to closing the deal
- Researching, prospecting, cold calling, and qualifying sales leads
- Recognize the needs of the customer and provide detailed information about B&L's Odyssey ERP software solution and how it attains the customer's goals.
- Effectively demonstrate B&L's services and strategy through a combination of pitch decks and technology demonstrations
- Contacting various C-Level and senior-level executives and scheduling teleconferences, Web meetings, and face to face meetings
- Work with the business development team in preparation, attendance, and exhibition at tradeshows
- Provide professional after-sales support for future orders to enhance the customers’ dedication and experience
- Negotiate agreements
- Stay abreast of market trends and competitors
- Advise on appropriate user training and implementation costs
- Participate in professional associations, committees, trade shows, and chapter meetings
- Maintaining and updating a CRM package with daily activity logs and managing data quality.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
- Market research and Analysis
- Listening, presentation, and demonstration skills.
- Cold calling.
- Time-management skills
- Business acumen
- Written and verbal communication proficiency.
- Technical capacity to understand foundry operations
- Basic understanding of ERP systems
- Understanding of change management and how it impacts the purchase and implementation of ERP software
- Customer/client focus.
- Teamwork orientation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. B&L is temporarily in a hybrid Work from Home model. The role will require work in the office during training. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. It will require visits to foundries requiring various PPE be worn in the factory which may include safety glasses, hearing protection, hard hat, and steel-toed shoes.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:30.
Travel of 25% to 50% is expected for this position.
You will spend 4 to 6 months working within the various departments at B&L Information Systems, Inc. to learn Odyssey ERP software before moving full time to the Business Development Department. Compensation will begin as Salary and move to a Base Salary plus Commission model.
Required Education and Experience
- BS or BA in business administration, sales or marketing
- Proven experience as an Account Executive, or in other sales/customer B2B service role
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software