1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana-southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source operates banking centers in 17 counties, 23 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide, eight Trust and Wealth Management locations and ten 1st Source Insurance offices. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, individuals, businesses and communities. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
We are seeking professionals who are ambitious, friendly, and outgoing and looking to work within a company that demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect to all employees. We are committed to creating a diverse team whose strengths improve our ability to serve our customers. We offer pay commensurate with experience and a competitive benefit package. Veterans, Disabled and alumni of AmeriCorp and Peace Corp are encouraged to apply.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides individualized client service while handling daily transactions, addressing inquiries, and problem resolution, in accordance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Processes financial transactions for clients accurately and efficiently.
- Identifies client needs uncovered during business interactions and/or conversations, promotes products and services and refers clients to the appropriate bank colleague if needed.
- Builds client loyalty; establishes client relationships, including addressing each client by name.
- Consistently delivers exceptional customer service to each and every client.
- Follows established Bank policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Participates in retail sales programs to help meet personal and banking center goals.
- Actively participates in team meetings and participates in community projects and appropriate educational programs related to the position.
- Balances cash drawer and assists banking center team in operational duties (ie., balancing the ATM, vault and end of day work).
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- One (1) or more years of customer or retail service experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to repond and assist clients with inquiries and/or problem resolution.
- Customer service and sales oriented.
- Careful attention to detail and time management.
- Good listening and verbal and communication skills.
- Good PC skills - ability to work in Windows based system essential.
- Ability to cross-sell bank products and services.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on banking center needs.
- Ability to communicate in another language is a plus.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others as appropriate, as well as of company documents and records.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma/GED required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel to all locations as needed for meetings, projects, training, seminars, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand and walk; use hands and fingers to operate keyboard and other office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
EQUIPMENT: MS Office PC, fax, phone and standard office equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran